Houdini 2 Aquarium01 December 2011
In an announcement earlier this month, ChessOK introduced a new member of the Aquarium family: Houdini 2 Aquarium. Itís actually a group of products comprising Houdini and Aquarium, available both in a single package and as separate products. As chess players know by now, Houdini is currently the highest rated chess engine and the new Aquarium version is an even better analysis tool than previous versions.
All Houdini engines come in 32-bit and 64-bit versions and will run on any recent Windows version. A 64-bit Windows version is required to run 64-bit Houdini. Besides Windows, Houdini can also be run on Linux under Wine.
Houdini 2 Aquarium is comprised of the following software, game databases, and trees (position databases):
1. Improved Aquarium 2011. The improvements in this version are described below. If you are already an Aquarium 2011 customer, you will get this version for free.
2. Houdini 2.0b. Houdini 2 Aquarium Pro comes with the Houdini Pro version and Houdini 2 Aquarium Standard includes the standard Houdini version.
3. Hugebase. This is a database of 4.7 million, mostly human, games. The database has been updated to include games up to October 1st, 2011.
4. Corr2011. A database containing over 500,000 correspondence games.
5. HugeStatistics (d2m). A statistics tree based on Hugebase with over 15 million positions.
6. CAP evaluations. The CAP tree grows faster than ever and now contains over 55 million analyzed positions The minimaxed chess engine evaluations are displayed in the CAP column in the tree window.
7. A weekly download of over 2,000 new games.
All information taken from ChessOK