" field and the computer registers them.
• Advanced CISC-style processor, whereby CISC means Compact instruction set chip. This is a technique which can considerably increase the speed of micro processors, therefore they are particularly suited for chess programs as they can add ELO points to the strength of a computer.
• Very strong 32K program working with 2 x 16 MHz system clock speed for faster computer calculation times.
• Choose between 112 levels including training and tournament levels as well as problem solving levels up to mate-in-8 moves.
• Special handicap levels and features for beginners.
• Extensive opening book containing more than 8900 halfmoves and fascinating middle and end game strategies.
• Your option of opening book playing modes: Complete Book or off Book
• Programmed in accordance with the International Chess Rules, knows en-passant moves castlings and pawn promotion.
• A multitude of special features can be chosen and displayed via the LCD if desired - it can show the computer calculating, time control, move count, intended move and position evaluation, problem solving and main continuation.
• 8 user-selectable end game playing modes for your choice of different playing style
• Comprehensive coaching system which includes 8 built-in classical mate studies
• Check, Stalemate and Mate announcement.
• Very fast response time.
• Plays against itself.
• TAKE BACK function for easy correction of weak or wrong moves (112 halfmoves).
• Provides HINT, TRAINING, and REFEREE features if you need advice.
• Position verification and position set-up for problem solving.
• 100 hours of challenging chess from 6 x "C" size batteries or optional adaptor (not included).