The estimated rating for our chess computers is at tournament time (40 moves in 2 hours, average 3 minutes per move). All chess computers have a large number of levels and can play stronger or weaker than this rating.
The Carnelian II looks amazing with beautifully carved Honey Rosewood and Boxwood chessmen! Now you can play an affordable, advanced chess computer with real wood chess pieces. Strength rated at 1900 Elo for a standard speed game, you have a relatively strong tournament level opponent perfect for your casual evening games at home. As a casual player at nominal to good playing ability, you'll appreciate the feature-set built into this attractive wood chess computer. Make your move by pressing lightly on the squares where you are moving the piece. The computer displays it's move on the 16 light LED coordinate system as well as on the LCD display.
• Stylish table-top chess computer with beautifully carved wooden chess pieces.
• The 16K strong program with an 8 MHz system clock speed and its many features allows a varied and challenging game.
• The wide-ranging opening book contains more than 8500 halfmoves, including exciting middle and end game strategies.
• 128 level settings, including training, tournament and problem solving levels.
• Move TAKE BACK, HINT, TRAINING, and REFEREE features help to improve your game.
• As all Novag chess computers, this model is programmed in accordance with the International Chess Rules, knows en-passant moves, castling and pawn promotion.
• The Novag Carnelian can play against itself and also makes Check, Stalemate and Mate announcements.
• Many hours of playing time from 6 x AA alkaline batteries or an optional 9V NOVAG mains adaptor for long term usage (both not supplied).